Caution Surrounds CBD Products as Regulation Looms
“Retailers need to ask suppliers tough questions as industry evolves, TPE panelists say.
Caution was the main theme for panelists discussing new products containing cannabidiol (CBD) at the recent Tobacco Plus Expo (TPE) conference, with speakers advising retailers to ask tough questions about product quality, labeling and sourcing…
Jacopo D’Alessandris, president and CEO of E-Alternative Solutions, Darien, Conn., was also on the panel. Be wary of CBD suppliers that make health claims, he said, because they could run into issues with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which is still developing its standards for CBD-infused products, especially for products people may eat or drink.
Angel Abcede | March 4, 2020
- 2020 Category Captain for E-Cigarette/Vapor Products: E-Alternative Solutions
- E-Alternative Solutions: Your C-Store Partner
- Caution Surrounds CBD Products as Regulation Looms
- Vapor Industry Looks to FDA for Guidance in the New Regulatory Landscape
- TPE 2020 Offers Retailers Tips for Joining the CBD Game